Home Inspections Tile Roof
We all know that you cannot get a home loan without a home inspection. With that said is a home inspector really qualified to look at my roof? A home inspector is going to tell you what he see’s and what he thinks about the condition of your roof, a good home inspector is also going to tell you that he is not really qualified to make any type of set in stone judgement about the condition of your roof and that you will need to have a “Licensed Roofing Contractor” look at it. What are some of the things a home inspector might look for when assessing my roof? That depends on what type of roof you have. In this article we are going to look at a tile roof.
Identification of the tile roof
Clay, Sand cast, or Concrete and Underlayment type.
Inspection Check list
1. Broke, cracked, loose, or missing tiles
2. Loose or missing flashing and or roofing componants
3. Broke Concrete “Mud balls”.
4. Torn, curled, cupped or otherwise worn out underlayment.
5. Estimate age and serviceability.
In the pictures I show you those common things.